So I was sitting reading another blogs and looked at mine and I have no updated in awhile so I thought I would take a mintue and update you.
Let's start with Shelby....
Shelby is loving being a sixth grader, she loves that she has a girl teacher this year. She was lucky enough to get Mrs. Johnson who we have know for years. She is such a nice lady and I am EXCITED for Shelby to learn from her. Shelby is doing crossing guard duty, which I am so proud of her for wanting to do this. BUT I am not a big fan of having her stay after school, I like it when she comes running out to the car and we get to talk about her day and go home. She was EXCITED that we got her a cell phone of her own to have the weeks that she has to go to school early or stay late... PEACE of mind for me.
She has also started dancing at her the new studio and is LOVING it. She works really hard, she says that the teacher is harder but just wants them to get it right. She is getting so strong. Next time you see her ask her to show you her muscels.
Shelby has also decided that she would like to play the guitar. My mom has been asking the kids what they want for Christmas and this is what Shelby was going to ask for. When she told my mom that she would like a guitar for Christmas my mom said I have a guitar in the basement and gave it to her. She is TICKLED pink with it. We are now looking for some one to teach her play.
Now on to Braxton...
Braxton is in the 4th grade this year and is LOVING it. His teacher is teaching them how to sew and he likes it. If you know me at all you know that I am NOT a sewer, Braxton told me the other day that he will learn and then he can fix things for me, instead of me asking my sister-in-law Melissa to fix it. I love this kid.
He has also started playing soccer again. He has made me so proud, he is the BEST at making sure everyone knows what a great job they are doing. He has also found that he really likes playing mid-field and is REALLY good at it. His coach is great and we are loving the team that he is on this year.
Last week he earn is Bear Badge in Cub Scouts and lots of arrow points and belt loops. He is having a great time in scouts and is EXCITED about moving up.
Kennedy, Kennedy, Kennedy
Kennedy has started the 2nd grade. She LOVES her teacher and just LOVES school. She loves to read and LOVES doing homework... CRAZY kid. She gets homework on Monday that is not due until Friday, but she always has it done by Monday night. I am not sure whose kid is she.
She has also started dancing at the new studio and is enjoying the ballet class, she says it is hard work but LOVES it. She is luck that MOST of her class from the old studio join the new studio and she is glad that ALL her friends are still in her class.
She has also started her second year of soccer and LOVES it. She has lots of friends on the team this year and it liking learning. She likes playing forward but will play anywhere.
As for Steve and I we are doing good. We are pretty boring. Steve has been working a lot of nights which has been hard on all of us.
A few years ago my parents gave us a piano that need some work and we have worked on it her and there but not a lot. Last week Steve decided that it was time to get it done and moved into the house. So he has stained it and it looks great, we are hoping to find some NICE neighbors in the next few days to help us move it in the house. Once it is moved in the house I will work on replacing the key covers and then finding someone to teach all three of my kids. We are EXCITED. Who knows maybe I will be like my mom and take lessons myself.
We also have a new pet that I guess I should take some pictures of and share. A few weeks ago Steve was working in the yard and found a baby toad. The kids LOVED it and wanted to keep it. So we did. It has a little glass tank and the kids love watching it eat crickets. With that we decided to make room for the piano we would give the fish tank and the fish away. Steve's nephew Spencer was VERY excited to get a fish tank and 6 fish, we hope he enjoys that as much as we have.
Well I think this is a pretty long update so I will end with this... I am so EXCITED that is almost October, I love Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas!!!

5 comments:
Sounds like your entire family is very productive and doing fantastic! You have such a sweet family, I wish we lived closer to each other. Annie wants to take guitar lessons to, she plays and sings with Chuck's old one. I would love to get a piano so that we could all take lessons as well!! Glad to hear that all is well with you! I LOVE this time of year too, my ABSOLUTE favorite!
Fun update! Love it!
Sounds like you guys are as busy as ever. Can't wait to see the piano.
Great update...finally...just kidding! It's so hard to keep up with kids and school work and BLOGGING! You are an amazing mom and it's easy to see why they are so great!
6th grade..... WOW. crazy. Time flys
Post a Comment