Friday, January 15, 2010

New Year's Eve & Evans Family Party!!!

This year for New Year's Eve...
We had a great time watching movies and eating lots of FUN food. Right before midnight we paused the movie the kids got their silly hats & horns and counted it down. In the past we let them run around outside & bang pots. This year I was MEAN and made them stay inside (it was WAY to cold) After they were done making all that CRAZY noise, we watched a friework show that someone a few blocks away was putting on... It was little 45 minutes and one top of that the group of guys that our renting the house next to us started letting off fireworks. We had a great view from the girl's room. Nice & warm inside. It was a lot of FUN and I was happy to spend the evening with my #1 & the kids!!!

For the Evans Family party this year, Steve's sister Melissa had a great idea to rent The Depo's bowling lanes. It was so much fun. The kids could bowl with all their cousin and we had the place all to OUR selfs. The kids LOVED it.

The also enjoyed playing some pool and OF course we had some GREAT food. The day was filled with so much joy it was AWESOME!!

So as I am sure most of you know my husband is a BIG joker and TEASE!! Well his oldest nephew Brett is turning 16 and for some reason Brett & Steve got talking about if Brett could take his dad down he said "YEAH" Steve then said "Can you take me down?" Brett being Brett said "Sure". Well Brett was wrong and Steve was able to take him down not once but I think three times before Brett finally gave in. It was FUNNY & my kids were so PROUD of their CRAZY Dad.

After the party Steve invited a few of his brothers & brother-in-laws & Brett to help us move a piano into our house. I was so EXCITED for this thing to finally be moved from the garage into the house. We still some work that needs to be done before the kids can start taking lessons, but I think it will be easier to replace the keys inside the house then outside. I just want to Thank everyone that came over to help us move it in & also to my Mom & Dad who gave us the piano.


Hopefully soon you will be able to hear music from our house & it won't be the radio. :)!!!

3 comments:

Raquel said...

I love the hats and noise makers! And I also love your decorations on the piano. I need you to come to my house and help me make it cute!

Hiller Family said...

The piano looks great, good job!

Sarah said...

Looks like you guys had a really fun New Years! And the piano looks great:)