Wednesday, December 30, 2009

December!!!

I am shocked that is month is almost over. We have been busy. We have sure had a lot of FUN. We started the month with our ward party... it was fun and I have to tell you I signed up to make a dessert so I decided that I would make my Grandma Davis' spudnuts and let me tell you they were a BIG hit I made 4 dozen for the party and they were GONE before I made it thru the line. I have to tell you I was sure glad that we had some left at home because I had some MAD kids. Oh well it worked out great.

The next BIG event would come on the 10th of December... My brother Chase & his wife Raquel welcomed their first baby into this world. Mason Chase Davis. Congrats little bro. I can wait for you to come visit so we can all hold him!!

Next we had the Davis Family Christmas party and for the second year we went to Classic Skating... it was a BLAST. This year we spent a lot of our time in the "Blast Zone" it was a blast, you collected balls and then you would shoot them at each other, it was FUN watching all my kids run around with my cousins and all their kids. I am not sure who had more fun the adults or the kids... I think it might have been the adults. We also played video games, skated and had dinner. Thanks Grandpa & Grandma for another GREAT party!!

Next we had the Rasmussen Party... Sorry no pictures I forgot the camera. This year my Grandpa & Grandma took us all out to dinner... the kids LOVED it and after we STUFFED ourself my grandparents gave everyone their Christmas presents. It has become a annual event that my grandparents give the kids PJ's and they LOVE it. Steve & I recieved some $$, which is going to buy some paint for the bedroom that we are working on finishing!!! Thanks Grandpa & Grandma!!!

This year the girl's performed the Nutcracker. They did a great job and we were SAD that the weather keep most of our loves ones away. Thanks to Grandma & Grandpa Evans, Melissa & McKenzie for braving the snow to come and watch Shelby & Kennedy. (Sorry about the pictures something is wrong with out camera.)


Christmas Eve we always go bowling, out to lunch and then to a movie with my parents. It is always a lot of FUN & the kids enjoying spending the day with family. This year Steve had to work and Chase, Raquel and Baby Mason were unable to come. We started the day with a little bowling, then a little video games, then lunch at TGI Friday's then off to see Alvin & The Chipmunks. It was a CRAZY & fun day. Thanks Dad & Mom for all the FUN!!!

Christmas morning... Wow I can not believe it. We had a great Christmas this year. This year we got lots of gifts for the family... board games, wii games and a Tetherball. Shelby this year asked for CLOTHES and roller skates. (I am sure more post about the skates will come soon) She was SUPER excited with EVERYTHING that she recieved. Braxton I am sure you will not be shocked to hear that he asked for EVERYTHING Star Wars. He wanted new sheets for his bed, but they need to be Star Wars, he also aked for a Razor scooter and LOTS of hoodies... what can I say he LOVES hoodies!! As for Kennedy well she asked for a pogo stick, webzinks, a Dora links doll & clothes. It was a GREAT Christmas and we are so blessed!!!

After we finished with opening all our gifts we were off to Grandpa & Grandma Davis' for breakfast. We had a wonderful breakfast and then it was on to the gifts... My parents always seem to get the kids the BEST gifts... this year all three of my kids got there OWN DSi and Mario Kart. My kids were so EXCITED I thought they were going to go CRAZY!! Soon all the kids were chatting and playing DSi with one another it was GREAT. Thanks Dad & Mom you ROCK!! Steve got a Home Depot gift card and I got my present back in November it was my pink bike. (It was both my Birthday & Christmas present) I LOVE it and can not wait for the weather to warm up so I can ride it again!!

 Thanks to all our family & friends that have made this year a great one.



FYI... The Evans Family will be having their party this weekend. We are EXCITED to go bowling with all the family!! Hopeful I remember the camera!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow it sounds like you guys had a really fun and busy December! We hope your New Years is just as fun:)

Hiller Family said...

This month was like a whirlwind for our family, but I wouldn't change a thing!