Tuesday, February 8, 2011

This & That

I finally uploaded some pictures from my camera so I thought I would share them.

With Shelby being in seventh grade this year she HAD to do a science project. So she can up with the idea to test H2O and Miracle-Gro, she started with six plants, 2 on the kitchen counter, 2 in Braxton room under his lizards heat lamp and the last 2 she built a green house and they lived outside. In each group one plant would be watered with water and the other would get Miracle-Gro. She did a good job keep a journal and watering them. The ones outside didn't make it... it was just to COLD!!! The others had so mixed results the 2 on the counter top the one with water did better but the 2 under the heat lamp the Miracle-Gro one did better, she made a nice display board... and we are just glad that it is DONE. (until next year)
During Christmas Shelby also had a chorus performance, she did great.
Kennedy also had a project, she  did a report on Road Runners, she did all the research by herself and with a little (lot) of help from her dad she built this cute Road Runner to display in her class. The other pictures are of Shelby and Kennedy playing around one night with the camera, I just though they were cute.
As for Braxton well he is working really hard and getting SUPER close to getting his Arrow of Light. He has also done some cool projects but for some reason we don't have pictures. He is reading the Harry Potters and for a book report he & Steve made the sorting hat from book one. It looked AWESOME, Braxton teacher asking to keep it, I think I am going to have to ask if I can take a picture to share.



It has been a while since I shared a recipe so I thought I would share are NEW favorite brownies.

1 cup plus 2 Tbs. flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 cups sugar
6 tsp. melted butter
2 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs
1- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
3/4 cup peanut butter chips
1/4 cup whipping cream
14 miniature Reese's peanut butter cups, chopped

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 baking pan. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine sugar, butter, 1 tsp. vanilla and 2 eggs, beat with wooden spoon until combined, add flour mixture. Mix well. Spread the batter in baking pan a bake 20 minutes.

While that is cooking:  In a medium bowl, lightly beat 1 egg, stir in condensed milk, peanut butter and 1 tsp. vanilla: mix well. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips and 3/4 cup peanut butter chips. Spread over hot brownie. Bake 20 -25 minutes, until side are golden brown. Cool completely.

In a small microwave safe bowl, combine whipping cream and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Microwave on 50% power for 45-60 seconds or until chocolate chips melt, stir until smooth. Drizzle over cooled bars. Sprinkle w/ chopped peanut butter cups, let cool then cook.

** they are super RICH so we cut small bars**

No comments: