Thursday, December 30, 2010

Let's play a little game of catch up.

For some reason every time I log in to update my blog, I start and never finish. I don't have any pictures I hopeful will find some and add them at a later date.

Right before Thanksgiving I decided that breaking my thumb was the BEST idea ever. I was doing my daily routine of cleaning, well Kennedy had watched one of our dvd/tv players in her room, well I decided that putting it in her closet to store it would work. I lifted it onto the shelf and then it started to fall, I stop it by putting my hands up to catch it. My left thumb ended up taking most of the weight and I thought for a day that it was going to be fine, went to work that night and my thumb started turning black and was REALLY hard. I showed Steve and he said you better call the Dr. I am NEVER go to the Dr. so I laughed and said I will see what it feels like tomorrow. After a sleepless night due to the pain and after talking to my mom & sister I decided that maybe I should go to the Dr. office. after two sets of xrays the Dr. says well it is broke in at least 2 maybe 3 places. WHAT?!? I have never broken a bone, great!! Well the rest of the story goes like this I was in a soft case for a week, then I had a purple hard case put on, then I broke that case and after the case machine almost BLOWING up and being told I would have to go to SL to have the old one cut off, I....well walked outside with Steve and pulled the darn thing off myself. Steve laughed and the looks the nurse gave me when I walked back in and asked if they could re-case me now, was PRICELESS!!! I am happy to say that I am FINALLY case free and my thumb is doing a lot better, NOT back to normal but doing better!!

Next... Thanksgiving was really nice, as nice as it can be when you husband has to work ALL day. I went and picked up my cousin Lauren who is attending BYU and then had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner and my parents house, it was REALLY nice. Thanks mom & dad!! After we stuffed ourselves we went to see Tangled... I LOVED that movie. Kennedy fell asleep during it so I am sure we will have to go see it again. After the movie we head home, it was a really nice day!!

Now into December. What a month. We had some really FUN Christmas parties this year. We went to Classic Skating... that was a blast. We also went to Golden Coral which the kids LOVED!!! We spent a lot of time with family and it was really nice.

For Christmas Eve... we always go bowling with my parents & siblings, then we went out to lunch at Red Robins and then we went to see Narnia. I love spending time with my family. The only bumper is that Steve was STUCK at work... YUCK!!!

Christmas Eve Night... well due to the fact that Steve was going to have to work ALL day on Christmas Santa came a little early, he made his stop while we were out playing during the day. First we had some surprise visitors, Steve's parent and his sister Natalie and family, which was super nice. After they left we started opening gifts. The kids had lots of fun and got some great stuff.
Shelby got a new cell phone, camera and LOTS of clothing. Braxton got all 7 Harry Potter books and almost all the DVDs (Santa is still looking for a few of them) and Kennedy got lots of Moxie dolls and clothing. It was a really nice Christmas. I feel blessed that we could spend so much time with family and thankful for Steve for working so hard.

Christmas Day... Christmas morning was little different with the gifts already open and no hubby in site it didn't feel like Christmas, but we got up, got dressed and head to my parents for Christmas breakfast. Breakfast was wonderful... no big surprise!!! After breakfast we started opening gifts from my parents. My parents spoiled the kids, Shelby got a TONS of new clothes, jewelry and lots of fun little gifts, Braxton got a bebe gun, new clothes and lots more, and Kennedy she got a Ford GT remote control car with PINK decals made just for her. (the remote control car was the ONE gift that she had asked Santa and Santa didn't bring it) All three kids could have not been MORE excited!!

Now back in November we had our dishwasher, washing machine and car breakdown, so for Christmas my parents helped us buy a new dishwasher and washing machine... which we already had and used for a month...thank you thank you. So I knew that we shouldn't have any gifts under the tree but after all the gifts had been opened my mom gave each couple a box and said we had to open them at the same time.... it was an I-pad!!! WHAT?!? Now my mom & dad have tried to surprise up before with vacations and we always figure it out but this time they had us ALL surprised. Thanks mom & dad that was super nice and we love you, you are truly the BEST!!

All in all it was a great Christmas... my only wish would be that Steve could have been there with us. But we have been luck to have him home a lot during this week so he has spent a lots of time taking the kids out shooting and watching remote control cars race and we even went bowling yesterday. Well hopeful I can keep this blog updated better in the new year!!!

2 comments:

Ms. Jodie said...

Sounds like you all had a great Christmas! It was so fun to see your family on Christmas Eve. I look forward to that day every year.

Staceroo said...

I'm glad you updated! I was laughing to myself about you taking your own cast off - ha, ha. Glad your thumb's feeling better though. I hope your new year is going great!