Over Conference weekend we headed to Moab with my parents, brother Chad and his family and LOTS of my Davis Family.
Day 1: Dead Horse Point
We drove to Dead Horse Point look out, the views were breathless.
Day 1: Dead Horse Point
We drove to Dead Horse Point look out, the views were breathless.
Day 2 : Happy Birthday Shelby!! Shelby got to spend her birthday hiking around the arches, what a great way to turn 13th!!
Our first hike we hiked to Delicate Arch, it was awesome the views were again breath taking. We had a lot of fun hiking, we all made it to the Arch and the kids love it.
Next we went to Double Arch ( Indian Jones was filmed here) it was really neat to see the Double Arch, we all had fun yelling and hearing are echo, my dad yelled out "My name is Shelby and it's my 13th Birthday" (there was a bunch of boys hiking up in some caves not to far away) Shelby turned red and tried to hide, it was great. The kids loved climbing up the rocks and I think we might have some future climbs in our mix. Steve would LOVE that.
Next we hiked to Landscape Arch, this Arch was wild. In 1991 a bunch of the Arch broke free and they say that this Arch will be gone someday. It was really neat to see. This hike also had a BIG hill with sand all the way up which you can see Shelby doing cartwheels down it and Kennedy & Braxton had fun playing in the sand. My mom & dad went great troopers and hiked ALL of these Arches with us and the kids loved having them with us.
Saturday my parents rented us a Razor4 and we head up with TONS of cousins, my brother's family, my parents and LOTS of kids. To a 4wheeling trail called "Hell's Revenge" to say the least I was a little nervous, we are not big 4wheelers. Steve told me that I got to drive, I was excited but scared. It all turned out great. We had a blast and are so glad that we were able to go. The Razor4 was amazing, that thing went up everything with no hassle. It was nice.
The kids liked that their were so many different kinds of 4wheeling machines and I think they got to ride on everyone of them.
After we finished Hell's Revenge, we decided to go see some Dinosaur Bones, here are some pictures. Don't ask me what kind of bones there were cause well... I don't remember.
Then we heading to a tunnel, I can remember the name but I will ask the kids, I am sure they do. It was really cool, the kids loved exploring the different openings and had sun just running around with all the cousins.
This trip was so much fun and I hope we can do it again soon. We also did some shopping, had some WONDERFUL food (thanks Chad) and it was just a great way to get out of our normal routine. Thanks Mom & Dad for making the trip possible and making it so enjoyable.










No comments:
Post a Comment