My April Fool's baby turned 14!!! We decided to have a dance party for her party. Her are some pictures of the tables, cake and Braxton & Kennedy helping set up all the food. 
We had a DJ come and the kids danced... well kind of danced. It was a lot of FUN!!

We had a DJ come and the kids danced... well kind of danced. It was a lot of FUN!!

Shelby had her first slow dance that night. It was fun to watch her get excited about dancing with a boy. I love the fact that Shelby has so many good friends!!
***********************************************
A few days before Shelby's birthday, she decided to tryout for the High School Drill Team, yes you heard me she will be in High School this Fall. Anyway she went to two days with of clinic's, she found some older girls that had made the team the year before and got with the them after the clinics and practiced her little heart out. The Wednesday was try-outs, she was really nervous. But excited!! She was proud of herself for trying and was super excited to get a call back.
Later that night we were at YW's and I got the call that she had made it. I seriously started crying, I was so happy and excited for her. She was not around when I got the call but the other Mia Maid leader and some of her friends could tell by the look on my face that she had made it. It was fun to be the one to tell her that she had made it, she was running around the gym like a crazy person. We jumped in the car to go see who else had made it.
The next morning, She was waken by the Seniors from the Drill Team at 5-something in the morning. Then made her go to breakfast in her PJ's and had made a shirt that said 2012-2013 Shar-onn (which is the name of the Drill team) Shelby proudly wore the shirt all day. We are super EXCITED for this new adventure!!


1 comment:
I never had any doubt, of course she would make it!
Post a Comment