Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Long Weekend!!!

Friday...
Friday the kids didn't have school, Steve was off work and we had made plans to have a late lunch with my parents. We have been looking forward to hearing about the last crusie. We meet my parents at Red Robin in West Valley, the kids LOVE Red Robin. We had a really nice lunch and of course my parents had gifts from there adventure. (I wish I would have remembered my camera) Braxton got a toad skin coin purse, YES made of real toad skin. GROSS but really cool. He also got a boomerang that he can not wait to try out. Kennedy got a really cute Kangaroo purse that she has taken EVERYWHERE. Shelby got a cute hat... that she has been wearing non stop. I got a scraf thing... sorry mom I cannot remember what you called it and I also got a hat after I told Shelby that I was going to steal hers. Steve got a Kangaroo pouch and you would have to see it to see why it is so FUNNY!! Thanks mom & dad for the nice lunch and the fun stuff.


Later that night our stake had a family Valentine's dance. The kids had a blast. They got tatoos, made valentine cards and mostly just played with friends.


Kennedy had a lot of fun making cards. I think she would have done that all night.



Shelby just LOVED being around all her girlfriends. I am not sure what they were up to half the night.










Braxton LOVES the girls. He had a lot of fun running and around and just being a kid.





Saturday...

Steve and I don't usually do much for Valentine's Day, we LOVE each other everyday and we try to show it everyday. We bought a new T.V and T.V stand and called it our Valentine's present. He He. I did make heart shape pancakes, bacon and eggs for breakfast. We did take the kids to Wal-Mart and decided that for valentine we would all buy Wii play for the Wii. I think it is FUNNY that the older the kids get the more they don't care about the stuffed aniamls and such. It was nice to get something that everyone will like and that will last for a long time. The BEST gift that I got was Steve has FINALLY started tiling the bathroom. Hip Hip Horray. Now hopeful he will keep it going and we will soon have another bathroom and Shelby her own room.
The rest of the day was spend playing with friends and we had some cousins stop by for a little bite. All in all it was a nice V-Day. :0)
Sunday...
We usually don't have church until 11am so we sleep in. That wasn't the case today. My cute cousin Brittany is going on a Mission and we were invited to go and hear he speak. We had to be in S. Jordan by 9am. It was early but I am so glad that we did. Brittany did a great job on her talk and I was amazed at how ready she is. I am EXCITED for her and I think she is a great example to my girls. Shelby LOVES Brittany and I think it is going to be really neat for her to write letters to her.
After we all went to my aunt and uncles house for lunch. I love being around my BIG Davis family. We always have great food and it's nice because everyone helps with food, so eveything is so good and made with such LOVE. It was nice to visit with aunts, uncles, grandparents and cousins that we don't see enough. Thanks Brittany for inviting us it was so NICE.
As we were leaving my parents told us they had something to tell all of us. So my family, my sister and her family. my brother and his family and my parents head outside it was FREZZING but I think what they had to say was worth the cold noses. They surpised us all with a trip to Disneyland... Yes you heard me right my parents are taking the whole family to Disneyland in April... To say the least my kids are so EXCITED.
So all in all we have had a FUN weekend and we still have tomorrow.

5 comments:

Aly said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Valentine's!! I'm with ya, I think that it is important to show your love for each other ALL YEAR!!

YAY for DISNEYLAND, my favorite place! We are going in May (but ours won't be free) LUCKY DUCKS!!!

Raquel said...

That sounds like a great weekend! I didn't realize it was Brittany's farewell. We are so excited for her too!

Kelli said...

I love Red Robin too. Yummy. To think the Church would give kids tatoos ata party, aren't we kindof against that sort of thing, LOL

Hiller Family said...

It was a weekend filled with fun and great surprises!

Melinda said...

Sounds fun! Wanna take my kids with you to Disneyland? April is a perfect time for them to be entertained by someone else ;)