Friday, October 23, 2009

Halloween Cookies

Today I was going to make these cookies, but Kennedy stayed home from school... her asthma has been acting up the last few days. She is doing WONDERFUL and is totally bored now. Oh well @ least she will be good to go tomorrow... my parents annual Halloween Party!!!
So here is the recipe for these CUTE cookies and I will let you know tomorrow if they work out as cute as this picture!!




1 pouch Betty Crocker® peanut butter cookie mix
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon water
1 egg
36 chewy caramels in milk chocolate
Black or red string licorice
1/3 cup (72) miniature candy-coated chocolate baking bits
Betty Crocker® black decorating gel (from 0.68-oz tube)

1. Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, oil, water and egg until dough forms.



2. Shape dough into 36 (1-inch) balls. On ungreased cookie sheets, place 2 inches apart.



3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately press 1 chewy caramel in center of each cookie. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.



4. Cut licorice into 8 (2-inch) pieces for each spider. Attach legs by sticking into chewy caramel. Use baking bits for eyes and black gel to make pupils in eyes.

** As a side note I have deleted both my hair blog and my recipe blog, I never have time to update them so I will just add them to this blog and have one to worry about**

2 comments:

Kelli said...

So cute. I hope they work for you they look fun!!!!

Sarah said...

These are way cute! I'm totally going to make them:)