Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pumpkin Patch, Chore Board & Being Spoiled by Grandpa & Grandma!!!

On Monday Steve had the day off so after the kids got out of school we headed to the local pumpkin patch. The kids LOVED running around looking for that PREFECT pumpkin. Steve had ONE rule you need to be able to carry it to the car. Well I guess he should have been a little more convinicing cause next thing I know Braxton has found the PREFECT pumpkin and as you can tell there is no way Braxton could carry the pumpkin. Braxton said "OK, dad now you need to carry this one to the car" I just laughed. After looking @ me for approval Steve picked it up and weighted it... 60 lbs. It was a lot of FUN.
This week I decided that I wanted to make a chore chart... we have tried this a few times and it never seem to work, but I thought we would give it another try. Now I am not a BIG fan of making the kids do a lot around the house. I think that with school, dance, cub scouts, activity days, soccer, homework and everything else that they do. That I wanted their FREE time to be spent outside... playing with friends, riding bikes, scooter and just enjoying the little free time they have a week. So this is more of a way for me to even out the feeding on the pets and a few other small things that they can do. It will also have any and all activities that they have each week. I will let you know how it works out.

Saturday my mom came out to watch Kennedy and Braxton play in soccer games, after Shelby went home with her to help clean... (Shelby got a cell phone and we tild her that she needs to earn $10 a month to pay for it. She told my mom and she told her that she could come to her house and she would pay her to help clean) So I guess after some cleaning my parents decided to take Shelby to Costco to do some shopping. Next thing I know both girl's have new coats. When we went to pick her up later that evening we meet my parnets @ Famos Footwear, my parents bought each of the kids NEW boots for the Fall/Winter. My mom has been doing this for years and my kids LOVE it. They love that they get to pick out their own shoes and for the most part I do have a say in it.

After shoe shopping we went out the dinner @ Chili's, it was a lot of FUN and the kids just love being around Grandpa & Grandma. Then we went to their house the kids LOVE playing in Grandma's toy room... I think it is FUNNY that some of my kids favorite toys @ Grandma's our toys that we gave her or that we had and the kids NEVER played with. I guess everything is more FUN @ Grandma's. Thanks Mom & Dad for everything that you do for us. 
Well that is a sum of what we have been up to this week. Well along with the normal... school, dance, soccer, cub scouts, church callings... etc.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Melinda said...

I have tried so many chore charts. They keep my kids on task and keep me from having to remember everything I need done. I just can not do it myself. I don't have your drive :) I think just having it displayed somewhere in some form helps the kids to know what their responsibilities are :) Let me know how this works for you!

Sarah said...

I love all the winter clothes and pumkins:)

Andrea said...

How's the chore chart coming along?

Darcie said...

Melinda & Andrea,
The chore chart has worked out really well, the kids are liking that they know what they have to do all week and for the most part they are getting things done before school!! :0)