I can not that I am writing this but my "baby" has turned 8. WoW... how did that happen?? She had a fun birthday. Thursday she got the rest of the Ivy & Bean series (she LOVES to read). Then she got to attend her first activity days, they walked to the park had lunch and played on the playground. She loved it. I think that she loved that she finally got to do something with out Shelby & Braxton. She had her favorite dinner... Spaghetti!! Then she wanted a chocolate/chocolate cake. It was YUMMY!!
On Friday I took her shopping cause she wanted to shop for her own birthday gifts like... twinkle toe shoes, clothes and a new doll. It was fun for her... she picked her shoes and I just said OK. usually I would have tried to talk her in to something not so "flashy" but HEY it was her birthday!!
On Friday I took her shopping cause she wanted to shop for her own birthday gifts like... twinkle toe shoes, clothes and a new doll. It was fun for her... she picked her shoes and I just said OK. usually I would have tried to talk her in to something not so "flashy" but HEY it was her birthday!!
Monday we had her BIG birthday bash!!! She invited 20+ friends over, we rented a 18 ft water slide, we had watermelon, water, watermelon cupcake cake and ice cream. This party was SO much fun to sit and watch and these CRAZY kids. As you can tell by all the fun pictures. It was fun to watch all the kids go down the slide for the first time with the unsure look and by the second or third time they had the look of PURE joy.
She got LOTS of really fun gifts and for the first time since school got out I haven't heard... "I'm bored" from her all day!! We ended having the water slide for about 8 hours so after the party had ended, we let some of Shelby's friends, some cousin's and a few of Kennedy's friends that just couldn't stay away over, for more fun. It was fun!! I am SUPER excited that she had a wonderful birthday, a fantastic party, but I am MOST excited that this the last one of this year!! Well kind of...we are still having her annual party at my parents house on Saturday but that doesn't really count. Now I just have to finish planning her baptism & I should be set.
**Side note as I am posting this I am also packing Shelby for girl's camp... she leaves first thing Wednesday morning... not sure how I am feeling about all this.**
**Side note as I am posting this I am also packing Shelby for girl's camp... she leaves first thing Wednesday morning... not sure how I am feeling about all this.**



1 comment:
What a fun party! I love the cupcakes, so cute!
Post a Comment