Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Vernon

The last weekend before school started we decided to go camping, we headed up to Vernon for the weekend. We left on Thursday afternoon, we unpacked, set up our tent and unload all the gear. We then went swimming, we were a lot of fun, flipping the kids off their tubs, when I noticed my wedding ring had fallen off into the cloudy water... there was NO sign of it. I didn't know what to do, Steve dived around but the water was so cloudy you couldn't see anything. About an hour later a wind storm blew thru and broke a bunch of our poles on our tent, I just couldn't believe what was happening. As Steve & I stood turning to hold the tent he started laughing and I started crying. I am not a crier but at that moment I could not do anything else. I was crushed that I had lost my wedding ring & now the tent was broken, at one point I turned to Steve and said "LET'S GO HOME!!!" We decided to pack up all the gear and wait for my parents to come. A few hours later my parents showed up and my mom said "You are making memories... you'll never forget where you lost your wedding ring" We ended up deciding to say over the night, I would sleep in my parents motor home, with Shelby & Braxton and Kennedy & Steve would sleep in our Expedition. We had a good night, we roasted hot dogs & marshmallows over the fire and ended the night watching a movie in the motor home.

The next morning we went fishing, went on a Razor ride and played some card games, after lunch Steve need to call into work, he had tried for weeks to have someone work for him without any luck, so he decided that he would just try to call in on Friday. Steve & I headed down to were we could get service and he tried calling in... his boss pretty much total him... "NO" so I ended up driving Steve all the way home, to get ready for work & I headed back to Vernon. By the time I got back my brother Chad & his family had got up there, everyone was playing in the water having a great time.
**This is when I remembered that I had the camera** 
I love that my kids love the water. They played with the floaters and water guns.
They also did a little crawdad fishing. Each one of them had to get a picture of them with a crawdad. Chad also got in the fun by letting the kids put them on his hat.

Next everyone but Shelby, my nephew Kyler & myself went on a 4-wheeling ride, I got to spend some time with my CUTE nephew, he gives me the BIGGEST hugs, he loves taking & having his picture taken, Kyler & Shelby named all the crawdads and Kyler had me take a picture of each of them and then he said I need a picture with one... no thanks!! So he held one and Shelby took our picture. Braxton loves fishing (we never catch anything but he likes it anyway)


We had fun the rest of the day driving 4-wheelers, playing on 4-wheelers, eating YUMMY dutch oven dinner, thanks Chad!!! Roasting marshmallows & just being with family. It was a lot of FUN!!!
The trip started off REALLY bad, but ended up turning out good. Thanks to my parents & Chad, Emily, Kyler & Raegyn for coming, we had a lot of FUN!!

2 comments:

Raquel said...

That is so sad about your ring! I'm glad you had a good time anyway. It sounds like fun, we miss you guys!

Ms. Jodie said...

I'm so sorry you lost your ring!! I would cry to.