Monday, July 25, 2011

July 24th Weekend @ Flaming Gorge

For the 24th, Pioneer Day weekend we headed back to my parents cabin in Flaming Gorge. We went boating, we love the three man tub. First Braxton, Kennedy & my nephew Carsten got a CRAZY ride, the lake was so ruff, it was Great tubing weather. Next Shelby, my niece Avery, my niece Raegyn & I got to ride. Shelby usually will not ride it and my niece Avery was not sure about it. After just a few minutes they were all having fun and being crazy at one point Shelby & Raegyn were hanging off the side, standing up and just plan having fun!!!

A little later the lake seemed to calm down and I decided to try skiing, it took me a few times but I got up. Kennedy was shocked that I could do it. I love water skiing, I just need to get into better shape and I plan on doing just that. Braxton got to drive the boat back to shore, and the my nephew Carsten tried to knee board, he had a hard time so he ended up just laying on his stomach and having a good time. Kennedy also tried to knee board and got up a few times but the camera was dead by that point, she did awesome!!

That night we went Crawdad hunting, Shelby has been wanting to do this for years. We didn't have much luck but the kids had fun walking in the water at dark with flashlights.
Saturday we went tubing down a river. It was fun. I have never laughed so hard at myself. We sure did not know what we would end up getting ourselves into, but we all survived and made some great memories. At one point we stopped to get the kids out due because of some heavy rapids, as we were doing that some how my mom slipped past and went down the rapids, after Braxton & Kennedy saw grandma do it they wanted to and did. I decided to go down too. It was fun until I tried to stop to make sure all my kids had made it. And then I lost my tub, my shoes and ended up going under the water. Thanks to my cousins and sister in law Emily for chasing down my tub and getting me back on track. I have some pretty good bruising and like I said have never laughed so hard at myself. (Plus by the time we made it down the river others had found my shoes!!!)
At the end of our tubing adventure we cooked hot dogs over a fire, it was a great day. Thanks to all who put it together & helped us along the way. Oh I should thanks my cousin for giving up her tub to Braxton after he popped his, that kid LOVED it, he didn't slow down. And a BIG thanks to my brother Chase for keeping an eye on him, cause he didn't want to stay with his parents!!!

Thanks Mom & Dad for always making our trips so fun, feeding us like kings and for everything else you do for us.

No comments: