Sunday, April 25, 2010

Braxton makes a GOAL!!


Saturday we had two soccer games, Braxton at 10:30 am & Kennedy at 11:00 am. That meant we would all go to the first 20 minutes of Braxton's game & then myself & the girl's would then go to Kennedy's game and Steve & Braxton would meet us after his game.

Well Braxton played goalie for the first half of his game and did WONDEFUL. (I don't like my kids playing goalie... I am so scared they are going to get kicked in the face)

Any-hoo after the girl's & I left they put Braxton is as a forward (he doesn't play forward that much) Steve said it was an AWESOME goal he kicked it strong & high the goalie didn't even have a chance to try to get it. Way to go Buddy!! Steve said that Braxton face was the best, he turned around and put his hands in the air, looked SHOCKED. The rest of the game Braxton ran around with a BIG smile on his face. He told Steve " I can not stop smiling". Man do I love that kid.

He was super excited to tell me about at Kennedy's game. It was wonderful to hear about it. But truthfully I would have LOVE to see it. I love watching my kids play sports or dancing or whatever they are doing at the moment. I was so happy that he did it but was sad too. These are the times that you wish you could clone yourself to make sure you don't miss anything. i told him that he will just have to do it again so i can see it. 

Now... Kennedy's game that game was WEIRD. We have played teams in the past that had poor sportsmanship, BUT this team was the worst. The kids started by grabbing the shirts of the other players. Some of those kids had mouths like a truck driver. It was crazy. At the end of the game Kennedy's coach was great, she told all of them how proud she was that they didn't smack talk back and that they played their best. It was good for the kids to hear. I was mad but what do you do?? Yell back?? Leave?? I don't know.  

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Our soccer doesn't start here until August...sounds like your kids are so talented and good at what they do. You are such a great mom and give so much encouragement to your kids...they are so lucky to have you!