**We had plans to spend 4 days at my parents cabin, but due to some CRAZY "winter" weather plans changed. **
Thursday START with my oldest deciding to turn 12... yes 12!!! Holy!! I am still in SHOCK!! She was going to have to wait until Friday to open gifts but due to the fact that we were not driving to the cabin that morning we let her open the gifts from us. She got the NEW Justin Bieber CD's... she LOVES that kid. (She was EXCITED to get a poster from our cute neighbors, I am not one to hang posters in my kids room, but I gave in) She also got a cute black sweater and a blue sweat outfit and you can NOT forget make-up... OK only masacra, but still!!! After we went to Virg's for breakfast and then off to meet my parents at the movies. We went and saw The Last Song, the girl's liked it but ALL the boys hated it. I think Braxton would have rather gone to the dentist and had a tooth pulled. After the movies we went to TGIFriday's it was a GREAT day. We decided that it would be fun for all the kids (cousins) to have a sleepover... So all the boys minus Mason went to Grandpa & Grandma's and all the girl's come to our house. The girl's had a BLAST playing, dressing up and watching LOTS of girly shows on TV.
This is what we woke up to Thursday morning... what a great April's Fool Joke. To bad it wasn't a joke!!
I totally forgot the camera but I guess that it ok cause I am not sure I would have found time to take pictures anyway. Friday we went to Classic Skating w/ my parents, my brother Chad and all the kids. It was a BLAST. The kids had so much fun. It was CRAZY!! After we went to my parents house for Shelby's birthday party. We had plan to have a BBQ up at the cabin and I was going to make strawberry shortcake for dessert, well like everything else that we had planned that changed... so we had the BBQ at my parents house and we picked up HUGE cupcakes from Costco for dessert it worked out WONDERFUL!!! She loved everything that she got... I need to take a picture of the cute outfit that my mom got her but well I didn't. She got lots of $$ and a gift card to one of her favorite clothing stores!!! She can not wait to spend it!! WOW... that was a BUSY Friday.
Saturday... well we had plans to go back to my parents to dye eggs, but we were to poo'ed and decide to spend the day just hanging out at home... and I need to go food shopping. I had cleaned out all the food cause we were going to be gone all weekend, so I decided that unless we wanted Mac n' Chesse for Easter dinner I better go shopping.
That night all the adults... my parents, my brother Chad, his wife Emily, My sister Alicia, her husband, Steve & I all went to dinner at the Gateway, then did a little shopping & then went and saw Clash of the Titan's in 3D. I liked the movie but NOT in 3D after awhile it really started making my eyes hurt. Plus the dumb 3D glasses just don't fit right if you already wear glasses. I am pretty sure that this will be my last 3D movie. Like I said I liked the movie I gave it about a 7 but Steve gave it a 4... well I guess we don't have the same taste in movies. Oh well. It was a nice break from the kids!!
Easter Sunday!!! The kids got us about 7:30 and they looked for there Easter baskets... every year I think it is so funny to watch them look for it, this year Braxton was so EXCITED for Easter and was the first one up and I think Steve made him go back to bed at least twice. I think it is funny that the kid that could not wait any longer was the LAST on to find his basket. The kids took a quick look inside there baskets and then it was the mad dash to shower, get ready and get to Grandpa & Grandma's for breakfast. We had a WONDERFUL breakfast and then it was time for my kids FAVORITE part of Easter my parents "CRAZY & over the top" Hunt... it is not the normal easter egg hunt that most family have. It is a years supply of candy, toys and much more that fills my parents backyard... it is SUPER fun!! My parents also got them all really cute Spring outfit... hopeful one day soon they will be able to wear them. The rest of the day was filled with me taking a 3 hour nap... I was done!! Make Easter dinner and being together as a family. This year we had Easter dinner just the five of us. I made the ham, funeral potatoes, veggies and I even made homemade rolls and for dessert well... Strawberry shortcake. We need to use all the strawberries that I had picked up. It was WONDERFUL!!!
I have to thank my parents for making what could have been a awful weekend due to the weather a wonderful fun filled weekend... thanks mom & dad for all that you do!!!
Last but not least.... the kids were dying to dye eggs. Well we didn't get to it before Easter so the Monday after while I was back at work, Steve dye eggs with them. They did a wonderful job. We had a little misunderstanding over the eggs. See I had boiled a 18 eggs for the kids to dye, but I guess Steve didn't see the sign that said "BOILED EGGS" & he boiled 2 dozen eggs too. So we are OVER FLOWING with boiled eggs... the worst part is that Steve & Shelby are the only ones who like boiled eggs and after two days they don't want to eat anymore... Oh well at least the kids had fun, right??
So all in all it was a FUN Spring break... minus the spring part!!!




1 comment:
Happy Birthday Shelby!! We missed seeing you at the cabin. I hope you had a great day.
Post a Comment