Sunday, July 4, 2010

Kennedy's Baptism!!

Kennedy was baptized on Saturday June 26th. What a wonderful day it was, she was joined by lots of family and a few friends from our ward. She was SUPER excited. She was the only one from our ward being baptized that day so she got to pick everything. She picked all songs, she picked the speakers and she picked who she wanted to give the prayers. Her uncle Chad gave a wonderful talk about baptism and her Grandma Evans gave a wonderful talk about The Holy Ghost. Kennedy was baptized by her dad and she had both her Grandpa Davis & Grandpa Evans witness the baptism. She was luck enough to have her Great Grandpa Davis join Grandpa Davis, Grandpa Evans, her dad and some of her uncles in the confirmation circle. I found myself holding back tears... I am not sure if it was due to Kennedy being my "baby" or the blessing that Steve gave her during her conformation. BUT I was touched and as many of you know I don't cry in public. It was a wonderful day.
After the baptism we had a luncheon. Which after lots of stress everything turned out wonderful. Thanks to all that help with the food. AND everything else.
While Steve was locking up the church I got some fun shoots of Kennedy playing with some balloons (they were some of her decorations for the luncheon) She was having FUN... that is until I told her that we couldn't take them home cause they won't fit in the car. It's she CUTE!!
 
**She also had some really cute pictures taken of her by one of the neighbor girl's, she took Kennedy all around town one morning. The shoots are wonderful, but I am having a hard time uploading them, but you can check them out on my facebook page. I will keep working on them & hopeful post them soon**

No comments: