Tuesday, July 20, 2010

No Camera Fun!!!

Movies:

As many of you know.... we LOVE watching movies. Well at least the kids & I, Steve not so much. We have seen a few movies so far this Summer. I went and saw the Twilight Series: Eclipse with my friend Brandy and really liked it, wish the RUDE people in the theater would have stopped talking but I still enjoyed it.
Braxton, Kennedy & I saw The Last Airbender... my reviews was it was a OK show, but if you ask Braxton he "LOVED it". I would have rather seen Toy Story 3, but Braxton had already seen it with his cousin.
Next the kids & I went to see Despicable Me, this movie was fantastic and I really liked. All the kids are still quoting lines from this movie and all want to see it again.
And last the whole family went to see The Sorcerer's Apprentice, I thought this movie was really good. Braxton said this was his favorite so far... no surprise. I am not sure that I liked it enough to buy it but we will see.

Swimming:

We have also been swimming a few times and I have totally spaced on bring the camera. While Shelby was at Brighton Beehive camp Steve and I took Braxton & Kennedy to Desert Peak to go swimming. It was alot of FUN!!
We also got the chance to go to my parents last Thursday to go swimming, Raquel & Mason are here visiting so what a better event to spend some time with them then swimming at grandpa & grandma's. It was fun for the kids to swim with all their cousins and I had a good time talking to my mom, sister and sister-in-laws.
And last Friday our dentist rented Desert Peak and we could go swimming for FREE. They had free sno-cones, free t-shirts and free prizes for the kids. They also gave away some really nice prizes... but we didn't win. The kids had a blast, so many of their friends were there. Steve had to work and Shelby was with her friend Caitlyn having a birthday sleepover. So it was just Braxton, Kennedy & I. We had a good time!!

We also got to go support one of friends and who was opening his New Pharmacy. It was fun to see a lots of friends. We wish Sheldon and the Birch Family Pharmacy all the best. Thanks for the free gifts, hot dogs... etc. And I have to say how nice it was to see all their kids. The Pharmacy look great!!

Now we are working on cleaning, do laundry, shopping & PACKING, we are heading to my parents cabin. My brother & his family are here and the whole family to heading for some FUN in the SUN!! We are having a blast this summer!!!

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Hey! I'm in your blog! Thanks for the shout out. I seriously wanted to cry when I saw you I was so happy ;)

PS...did you know that your blog isn't private anymore? I've been able to access it without my password for a couple of weeks now...

Darcie said...

Melinda... I did know that is not private, I unblocked it for a friend to see it... it will be going back to private in a few days... thanks!!

It was so good to see you too. I miss talking to you. We need to set a play day @ the park or something.

Staceroo said...

Darcie - my parents are heading up to Flaming Gorge on Monday, July 26th. That would be awesome if you saw them up there. Sorry I lost touch with your blog for awhile - did you change to a different name or something? The one I had on my sidebar showed that you didn't update for like 6 months. I'll stick you back on there though so I can keep in touch with your cute family. Looks like you guys have been having a great summer - we are huge movie buffs as well, but usually through netflix so we're not usually as up on what's in the theaters. Chris and I did just see "Inception" though, and I highly recommend it!

Ms. Jodie said...

It looks like you are all having a fun summer. It was fun to see all of you at the cabin. I just love your kids!!