Monday, August 23, 2010

Davis Family Luau (Reunion)

Every year at the end of Summer we have a BIG Davis Luau... aka Davis Reunion. This has been a family tradition since before I was born. It has to be one of my FAVORITE parts of Summer. The BIG Davis Clan all comes together, we are talking my grandpa & his sister, it is a BIG deal. We always have WONDERFUL food, games and Pinatas with LOTS of candy. This year we had the Luau at my aunt Wendy's & uncle Robin home, the kids got to play old pioneer games, ride my grandpa's train (I wish I would have got pictures... my kids LOVE that train), we had homemade spud nuts (my favorite and I put my diet on the back burned and ate 3... well worth it)

After visiting with all the families that I hadn't seen since last year, the kids all lined up for pinatas... this has to be ALL the kids favorite thing!!!!! I stayed with Braxton & Kennedy's group and let Shelby run off to be with the Tweens & Teens. (Steve had to work...Sad face) Each kid ended up with a GALLON size bag FULL of CANDY & little toys!!
I had a wonderful time and I am so glad that I have such a wonderful and close family. It was a wonderful way to end SUMMER vacation.


(As you can see by Shelby pretty much missing in all my pictures she was running around and "hanging out" with all the other Tweens, so it was hard to snap a picture of her, but she was their and had a wonderful time)

1 comment:

Ms. Jodie said...

Your dentist is going to love your kids getting all that candy. Ha ha
It was great to see you guys again!!