Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Back 2 School & Cub Scout BBQ!!!

The kids went back 2 school yesterday... wow!!
I think I will just tell you how each kids day went.

Shelby... I can not believe it but she started Junior High.
She was a little nervous but by the end of the day she had made some new friends, master her locker combo and I was just happy to see her smiling when she come out the door. She laughed about trying to open the wrong locker, I guess she was at the wrong one which made the girl whose locker is next to her at the wrong one I guess after a few tries the boys locker who she was trying to open said " That's my locker" both girls laughed and moved down one... Oops!! All in all she said she likes Jr. High and was excited to go back. Thank heavens!!
Kennedy... Her first day of third grade went WONDERFUL, she is so happy that she got Mrs. Essimer and that her good friend Julie is in her class. She LOVES learning and is SUPER happy to be back in school.
Braxton... 5th grade, he has Mr. Johnson. He has LOTS of friends in his class and is super excited to start all the fun projects that Mr. Johnson has planned. Braxton has already start the school year off by leaving his new lunch box at school... which is classic Braxton. We are excited to see him grown this year.
I am so thankful for all the wonderful teachers that my kids have had and will have I just don't think they know how much they touch their students lives.


Braxton had his annual Cub Scout Family BBQ last night. He got to go up early with his scout leader so they could start the fire and get everything set up. He loves scouts and I love watching him learn and grow. He got a bunch of awards. It was a fun way to celebrate the first day of school.

4 comments:

Raquel said...

I can't believe summer is over already! They all looked so cute for their first day! Those teachers are lucky to have them in their class!

Hiller Family said...

So cute! Glad Shelby is loving junior high

Staceroo said...

I can't believe you have a Junior Higher! Crazy! And hey, I had Mr. Johnson in 5th Grade too. Can't be the same guy. (Let's hope not - he'd be like 80 years old!)

Ms. Jodie said...

Your kids look super cute for school, They always look cute though.