Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Summer Fun!!

This year we decided to go to Lagoon on our Stake Lagoon Day, every year we get bounce back passes and every year we don't use them. We had so much fun and had a wonderful day the first time, we decided to actually bounce back this year. We bounced back on my sisters Birthday... Happy Birthday Alicia!! We were glad that we could go and spend the day with Alicia and her fam, plus Alicia's sister-in-law Katharine and her kids. It was fun to watch all the kids run around from ride to ride. I didn't bring my camera either day but I did snap this one photo of my "fearless" daughter... Nope not Shelby... Kennedy she is fearless!!! This is her going on the Rocket. It was a wonderful day!!!

Yesterday Braxton & Steve did a little fishing before Steve had to go to work. Braxton was so funny, I guess as they pulled out of our drive way, Braxton said " AHHH guy time" that kids cracks me up. They didn't catch any fish but Brax did catch a can. And more important he got some "guy" time!!!

I need to post something about registering Shelby for Junior High... WoW!! I can not even believe that I have a child old enough to be in Jr. High. We went to the Jr. High last Wednesday, I decided that just Shelby and I should go. It was fun and WERID!! We paid her fee... OUCH $178 big ones. Then we got her class schedule... we walked from her 1st period to her 8th period, it was funny watching her feel a little lost. Then we walked it again and she started to feel a little more comfortable. I am so glad that Shelby has some really wonderful friends that are in 8th grade so that if she gets lost she will have someone to ask. One of her friends had come over the other day and went over her classes with her, telling her what lunch she had and also told her that she has a really nice homeroom teacher. AHHH relief!!

**I am excited for this new school year... the kids are ready to go back and I am ready to get back into a routine again!! Last night I had the kids showered and in bed about 7:30 pm... they didn't go to bed at 7:30, I am not that mean. But they do go to their own rooms and read a book and light were out by 8:30 and Brax & Kenna were fast asleep by 8:45 pm... Shelby had her braces worked on yesterday and was having a hard time sleeping last night, but 2 out of 3 asleep by 9 is not to bad!!!

1 comment:

Hiller Family said...

Sounds like you are getting back into the routine also. It has been hard for us, hopefully it goes better for you guys!