Monday, January 19, 2009

Our Monday!!!

Today was the BIG day!!! If you don't know what I am talking about I will explain. During Christmas break I decide that it would be really nice for Shelby to get a perm. I thought it would make doing hair a lot easier for me in the morning and plus I LOVE her hair curly. I had asked my aunt Wendy to do it. She is a GREAT hair dresser and we went to her for years but with us living in Tooele and her in South Jordan the 45 minute drive got a little hard and then with all the kids activities it got even harder, so for the past few years we have had people in Tooele cut our hair. But with something like a perm I wanted to TRUST the person and plus my aunt does hair out of her house. As you can tell by the post the Christmas break didn't work. So today was the day. Shelby LOVES her new hair!! I also LOVE it!! We made a whole day of it.
Here is Shelby before and after!!!

Next she cut Braxton hair. This kid has so much hair and it grows so fast!!!

Next was Kennedy, I was trying to talk her into cutting her hair off and her answer was "NO". As my aunt asked her how much she wanted to cut off to my surprise she said up to my shoulders. I think it turned out so CUTE!!! And I am EXCITED to try some new hair styles on her new short cut.

It was so nice to sit and visit with my aunt, uncle and even my grandparents stop by to visit. It made me think that I should do this more often. I got some great advice from my aunt about teaching a lesson in Relief Society. Yes you heard me right I have to teach a lesson in two weeks. I am FREAKING out. (Stop laughing Raquel and everyone else) She gave me a GREAT lesson that she used. Thanks you so MUCH, Wendy for the hair cut and for everything else. Oh she also cut Steve hair but he was going for the before and after pictures.

After we decide that because we were in town we should go out for dinner. We love The Old Spaghetti Factory, so we went there. We got there right before they open and it was REALLY busy. As we walked in I quickly found out why it was so busy, they were having a discount menu 40%off. WOO-HOO!! That means the whole family could eat for $25, that is awesome. The food was great and the server was busy but VERY good. All in all this day was a great day.

FYI-- The 40% off menu has a few more days to go so if you like the Spaghetti Factory this is a great time to go. They have three more days left. January 20th, 26th and 27th. :)

7 comments:

Hiller Family said...

Look at those HOTTIES! I love Shelby's perm, but I am a sucker for curly hair. Can't wait to see Kennedy's new due all styled. Sounds like you guys had a great family day. Good luck with your lesson it will be great!

Raquel said...

I love the new hair! That sounds like a really fun day off! I'm not laughing at you teaching RS, there's nothing fun about it! If you got some good tips that would help me, pass them along please!

Kimberly said...

The last time I had a perm was in the sixth grade! She looks so cute with curly hair...she's gonna love it!

Kelli said...

Cute hair, I have always wanted to perm mine, but I am not brave enough. I would love to have curly hair. Your kids look so cute. You will do great with your lesson. I teach ever other Sunday it is not bad, But I have the twelve year olds.

Melinda said...

Tell Shelby I'm officially jealous. My mom MADE me get perms until I was old enough to flat out say no. She always hoped my hair would all of the sudden turn thick and curly with a perm instead of stringy and unevenly curled like it always did.

Shelby has awesome big curls. She's beautiful!

Deanie said...

It sounds like a very busy day and everyone looks great after the big makeovers, your girls have really pretty hair. You will do great with your lessons, that is always a scary position, or should I say intimidating!!

Aly said...

How fun! New hair cuts and hair do's are always such a refreshing thing to have done!! They all look so cute!