- In February Braxton turning EIGHT, I am still in SHOCK that he is EIGHT!!!
- In February Braxton started Cub Scouts!!!
- Also in February the kids got to miss school on Valentine's Day due to the SNOW!!! They loved that!!
- In March Braxton was baptized, that has to be the BIGGEST event for us this year!!!
- In April Shelby turned 10, yes 10!!! Had a CRAZY birthday party!!!
- In May I started my new job with The Home Depot!!! STRESS!!! :)
- In June the girls finished another GREAT year of dance. AND Shelby won Student of the Year!! Free Dance lessons!!!!
- Also in June Kennedy turned SIX, my baby is SIX!!! HOLY!!!
- June Steve turned 35!!!
- Also in June we went with my family to Lake Powell, that was a FUN trip!!!
- In June I also found LOTS of old friends and have enjoyed catching up with them!!! (Kimberly, Robyn, Diane, Aly, LaDean, Stacey and many more!!!)
- In July Steve hiking Mt Whitney with his two brothers. That was his BIG hike for the year he hiked a lot before that, but that has to be the biggest one this year.
- Also in July the girls got to be in the parade and we got to CELEBRATE the 4th of July with LOTS of friends and fireworks, Thanks Birch family!!!
- In August the kids started school again. Shelby in 5th grade, Braxton in 3rd and Kennedy in 1st.
- Also in August Braxton started his second year of soccer and LOVES his new team and Kennedy started her first year of soccer and LOVES it!!!
- In September we got to finally make it up to my parents cabin for LOTS of water skiing and hangin' with the family. Thanks Mom & Dad!!!
- Also in September the girls started dance again!!! Shelby is taking every class that she can. Jazz, Tap, Ballet, Cheer and Hip Hop, she LOVES that they are all FREE!!
- In October we had Halloween, which was a lot of FUN. This year the kids got to pick there own costumes and I didn't help. (Well I help a little)
- In November I turned 31!!! WOO-HOO!!!
- In November we spent Thanksgiving with my family!!!
- Also in November Steve sister Natalie got married and Youngest brother Nate left for Navy boot camp!!!
- In December we had lots of dance performances... and I know you will be SURPRISE but the girls ROCKED!!!
- We also had LOTS of family parties from baptisms to Christmas parties. We got to spend lots of time with FAMILY!!!
- We had a GREAT Christmas this year and feel so blessed!!!
We have had a EVENTFUL 2008 and we are looking forward to seeing what 2009 brings for us!!!
The kids had a GREAT Christmas break but I was not a VERY good mom and didn't get pictures!!! So I will just tell you what they got to do and I will share one FUNNY video with you. With Steve working Weekend the weekdays have been filled with sledding, playing basketball outside with the NEW hoop and balls that the kids got for Christmas. Hours having Wii playing!! And lots of movies, I love watching movie and the movie theater. (Steve not a BIG fan) We got to see two movies with my parents and one movie with friends!!! This was the first year that we let the kids stay up for New Year's and they had a BLAST, we watching movies and then right before midnight we got all dressed up in winter clothes grabbed so pot and pans and some poppers and head outside. It was a lot of FUN watching the kids CELEBRATE the new year.
The video is of the kids celebrating outside!!! The video is REALLY dark sorry!!!

9 comments:
I was pretty much a slack at blogging while I was there but it was fun to catch up and see your cute pictures! It was so fun to see you guys and I can't wait until next time!
Dad and I had a very exciting new year, too! Sleep!! Looks like the kids had a great time. Thanks for a fun holiday season.
Looks like your household accomplished a lot during 2008. I'm sure it will be equally busy for 2009.
What a great idea to write it all down! Not sure I will get that far...I still have not accomplished the daunting task of posting about Christmas!
It sounds like you guys were busy but had tons of fun. Thanks for the invite:)
How fun! This is the first year we let our kids stay up too. And then we couldn't stand it and had to let the 2 little ones go off to bed.
Isn't amazing, when you look back, to see how much you accomplished, experienced, etc in one year! Sounds like yours was a good one...it's always fun to catch up and see what's going on with you and your cute family!
Sounds like a great year! It also sounds like you've got a great memory! Thanks for sharing your year with us.
What fun to read your recap, and as I did, the part about you turning 31 glared at me, you cannot, I repeat cannot be that old, I think I am just barely 30 myself and your Mom would be even younger than that! Time passes too quickly, thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment