Well the Wii has been the biggest hit in are house, it has also been the biggest PAIN for me. The kids aka Kennedy hasn't cried so much in her life. She doesn't understand the meaning of equal time. We (Steve) started setting the timer so each kid get the same amount of time. We don't let them play a lot during the weekdays due to the fact that we want them to play with friends and play outside as much as possible. Kennedy has a MELT down always EVERYDAY she doesn't think that she has had as much time as everyone else, but she is usually the one that has more time then everyone else. HELP!!! I cannot take the crying and crying over the Wii. Okay now that I have got that off my chest. The reason for the post is this FUNNY video that Steve shoot last night. The kids got to rent some new games from the video store and we let them play a little longer last night due to the fact that they don't have school today. Watch the video and try not to laugh!!
If you listen really careful you will here Steve tell them to sit down and man do the try. But for some reason they both keep jumping up and acting out the game. This is the main reason why I was okay with us getting a Wii. I love that you don't just sit down and play the game. That you have to move around. I think it is so FUNNY that Braxton will jump up and down and doesn't stop until his turn is over. What a work out. Maybe I should just play the Wii and forget the treadmill, bike and work out videos??
-----------------------------------------------------
So this year I am really working on trying to lose weight and get into better shape. I started about a week ago. I walk on the treadmill for about 20-30 minutes a day then I either ride the bike for 20 minutes, step for 20 minutes or do Yoga with Bob from the Biggest Loser. Holy, it has been KICKING my butt. I am hoping this will work. The one bad part about this is that I am so tired after that I am losing it a lot more with my kids. I feel really bad after. Let's hope that doesn't last very long. Here is to hoping that this year will be the year that I can keep this up and FINALLY lose the weight. :)
I am looking for some good tips for losing the weight so if you have had something work for you PLEASE PLEASE pass it on!!!

8 comments:
Same here! The nagging and pleading and then the crying are driving me insane. I'm just keeping with strict rules and multi-player games. Our boys play all of their time together, but then we have the "I didn't win" whine. Ugh....
As far as losing weight, I have found that doing something that works for YOU is the MOST important thing. If my workout schedule is to rough, I burn out so fast. So even if I don't feel like I'm working as hard as I *could* I'm working as hard as I *can* for right now. I have learned to be so careful in builing up my workouts slowly.
Good luck!
Karen,
I would LOVE to join you guys at the park, let me know when you start!! :)
Wii Fit is a really fun exercise "game" if you can call it that! We have it, my kids love it! It has fun balance games, yoga, strength, and cardio exercises. My 2 yr old like to play it...even though she basically has NO clue what's going on :) I think it's worth the money, and It's a GREAT workout!
Our kids only get whiny when we have friends come to play, and the friends won't share. Around our house, if the crying starts the game gets shut off for everybody...
It keeps me sain that way!
Enjoy the fun family time! if you want other fun games let me know...we've got a good handful of fun party type ones!
Sorry to hear the wii is torturing you. I guess I am lucky that way.
That's a funny video! Cute kids!
We got a WII too. Bridger sometimes get frustrated and wines and cries because he's not sure how to do somehting or it's not his turn. All I had to do was take it away for an entire day and problem solved. Now all I have to do is threaten to take the WII away and his attitude is gone.
As far as loosing weight, cut calories. That's what I've been doing and it works wonders. Good Luck, losing weight is always an uphill battle!!!
I tried the Wii Fit at my sisters house during Christmas vacation. It's a great thing! You should get that for yourself and then you can cry over the Wii too!!! Don't worry, your weight will soon begin to fall off, just DON'T QUIT!!! We'll be cheering you on!
I really like the Biggest Loser dvd that I got (I think you saw it on my blog)...I like to do it at night that way I can just crash after. I used to do Weight Watchers but now that I am done nursing my baby it is just not enough food for me so I have switched over to the Body for Life diet and I really like it (I have done it in the past), you can read all about the Body for Life program at www.bodyforlife.com. If you feel like giving it a try I have a few recipe's that you might like:) Stick with it, you can totally do this!!!
Post a Comment