Saturday, June 13, 2009

Our Busy Saturday That Was NOT!!!

Today we had a busy Saturday planned... It's Steve 36th Birthday and we had planned to go swimming at my parents to celebrate Kennedy's and My niece Raegyn's Birthday. With the weather we changed the plans this morning to the WHOLE family would go see UP. We decided to go early and drop off Steve's car. He had to work at 3pm. What happened next was just CRAZY. If you have watched the news today then you know what I am talking about. YES... the FedEx truck accident on I-80. It was CRAZY we were about 1/2 a mile from the whole thing. The fire was HUGE and we could believe our eyes. We watched as Police, Highway Patrol, Fire Engine (LOTS of Fire engines), BIG water trucks and Haz-Mat trucks make it the crash site. As you can tell from the first group of pictures Steve and the girls like to watch everything that was going on as for Braxton he was having a good time playing in the back of the EX. The kids were HAPPY that we had a cooler with soda and ice in the back. We just wish we had some food. I am sure the kids would have LOVED to open the Birthday cake that was in the back. BUT I keep it safe.
The kids really liked watching Life Flight and Air Med both landed on the other side of I-80. After about two hours the Highway Patrol cut the wire barrier and made everyone head back to Tooele. It was a CRAZY morning.

Kennedy was upset because she was going to miss her party. We laughed and told her that if the road got cleaned up we would make our way back to SL and we would have dinner out. Thank goodness that worked. We got home reschedule the party with my family for tomorrow... thank you.. thank you.

Today is Steve birthday and he was going to have to work all night. When we got back to Tooele he called in. So one good thing that came from this is that Steve got to spend his birthday at home with the family!!! The road is STILL not all the way open. We are glad that we have made it home safely.

HaPpY BiRtHdAy Honey!!! I love you!!!


1 comment:

Aly said...

Happy Birthday Steve! Too bad you didn't get to go do all of those fun things:(

My kids love watching things like that too. We have a Stake house behind ours and the lifeflight often lands there to meet up with the paramedics and transport to the U....it is our entertainment some evenings (pathetic I know).