Sunday, September 7, 2008

DONE!!!

Books
I think I can come back to the real world, now!! So for the past week and half I think I have been lost. It started with my sister telling that I had to read this book... Twilight. Let me start by saying that I am not big into reading, but a lot of my friends have told me that I should read this book. So about a week and half ago there was nothing on T.V. so I decided to give it try. I finished the first book in about a day in half. Then the second New Moon in one day. ( thanks to a three and half hour drive to Flaming Gorge). The third book Eclipse I read over a few days, only because I felt like I was not being a good wife and mother. I finished the third book about 11pm last night and I should have gone to bed, but I couldn't without at least starting the forth book Breaking Dawn. I am glad to say that I have finished the forth and finally book tonight. I have to tell that I really enjoyed this book and I am so glad that my sister told me that I HAD to read it. I am also glad that I have finished it. I think my kids and Steve will be glad also. I haven't been much of a wife or mother these days. Now I can starting counting down until the movie comes out!! I am hoping that I will find a bunch of girlfriend to go to this, any takers?

11 comments:

Hiller Family said...

I am glad you enjoyed them!

Kimberly said...

I can't believe how fast you finished those books!! Last summer, I bought Twilight and started reading it on our way to visit Devon's parents. On our way, Devon couldn't stand the fact that I was reading and not talking to him, so I started reading it aloud to him. He was totally hooked! We hurried and read the next two (which of course I had to read out loud...talk about dry throat!). We couldn't wait for the fourth book and, again, read it together. It was one of my favorites and it was fun to share it with him and talk about it play by play. I can't wait to see the movie! Too bad I don't live in S.L. All of us girls could go together!

Unknown said...

I want to read them again! I definitely neglected being a mom, though...you just can't put them down! I love how everything worked out in the end!

Anonymous said...

I'm in on the movie!! Consider it a birthday gift :) I might even have to take off daycare so I can go to the midnight showing - 74 days!!!! - Melissa

Melinda said...

I'm one of the lame people who hasn't even picked up the first book...mainly because I know what reading a good book does to me, as you have experienced last week :)

Being so pregnant and sick, though, would be the best time to be reading them. I spend so much time on my couch, I might as well be reading!

Raquel said...

Welcome to the club! They are pretty weird books but something about them makes it hard to put them down.

Diane said...

I'm with Melinda and haven't dared start to read them yet. In fact, I was at Walmart and picked up the first one. I stared at it in my hand knowing that if I bought it, then the next couple weeks would be gone. So, I put it down. I guess I am waiting for things to settle down. It might call my name more next Walmart trip....

Diane

Staceroo said...

I am so glad you found me on my blog! It is amazing the people that I have been reconnecting with - and so much fun too. It makes me wish we could all live close together again so that our kids could grow up together and be friends.

The Twilight series is very addictive. I read three of the books last year while I was nursing 6 week old Kate. My parents had taken my other two girls down to Lake Powell and so I was alone in the house. Since you have to wake up in the middle of the night and nurse anyway, why not read, right? I would be up till 4 or 5 am every morning and then just sleep with Kate until like 11.

Aly said...

I have not read these...I will see the movie:)

Johnston Family said...

Aren't they the BEST books? So fun! I cannot wait for the movie to come out! Can you even imagine how crowded the theaters are going to be?

Deanie said...

You are now officially part of the "Twilight" book club. When the 4th one came out at midnight in August my granddaughter Kenzie called me at 12:45 a.m. to tell me they had a copy for me and not buy one the next which I would have of course. I made myself finish the book I was reading before starting it, whew I made it, what a ride, you may never catch up on your laundry again, but worth huh!