Monday, September 1, 2008

One Last Trip To End The Summer!!!

Thursday after school we headed to Flaming Gorge!! We have had so much going on this summer that we have not been able to make it to my parents cabin. To say the least we were all very excited!!
Here are some of our highlights....Friday morning we packed up lunch and all the gear and headed to the lake. As you can tell the kids had no problem finding things to do. Braxton loves to play on the Banana.
Shelby loves playing w/ cousin Raegyn. The Banana should be pulled behind the boat but my kids just love sitting on it and jumping off it by the shore.
Steve would push them out and then they would jump off and climb back on. This would go on and on and on!!! The whole family LOVES riding on the blue three man tube that you see in the background. I didn't get any pictures of the fam on this but I know that my mom did so hopeful she will post them on her blog!! (Hint Mom) And Steve also skied and I skied, but again NO pic's. My battery went dead after about 2 hours at the Lake.
Cousin Kyler and Raegyn also enjoyed playing at the lake if it wasn't in the water it was playing w/ grandma's sand toys.
If we had lunch on the beach and then it was back to the water for some more FUN!!
My Mom decided to see if she could get the kids to try to ski or wake board. The offer was made if they would try Grandma would pay them $20.
Braxton was the first to try. He tried to water ski. What a good sport!! I am hopeful by next year he will get up!! After Braxton, my cousin Cody and Ryan stepped in with a GREAT idea. They have a bar that hooks onto the side of boat and the kids can just hang on. That way the rope doesn't pull on them. Shelby was the first to try and she ROCKED!! She LOVED it. Thanks to Ryan for holding the board when she got a little nervous and to Cody for driving. She loved it and cannot wait to try again.
After watching Shelby, Kennedy was VERY excited to try and she got right in there and did AWESOME. Once again a BIG thank you to Ryan for holding the board and Cody for driving. Both of the girls LOVED it. Braxton said that next time he will try it that way first. :)
Saturday was the same lots of fun in the water!!

Sunday my Dad was nice enough to drive the kids around in the Golf cart. He is CRAZY and the kids loved EVERY MINUTE!!

They could get enough!! My poor Dad just keep driving and driving.


Thanks Grandpa!!!


Well Sunday evening the sky got dark and you could smell the rain. So what do you do when it looks like rain....

We play Star Wars with cousin Kyler or play the game boy.

Unless you are Shelby then you spend most of your Sunday hanging out at Uncle Cal's place. (Cal is my uncle and has a place just next door.) Shelby loves hanging out w/ Cal and his family. What can I say he has kids that are older and that are so NICE to Shelby who wouldn't want too.

Sunday was a GREAT day for rest, LOTS of good FOOD ( thanks Mom), watching T.V. and of course playing board games. I had a BLAST playing games with my parents, Brother Chad and his wife Emily. I am so not good at board games but I still LOVE playing them.

What a GREAT way to end the summer!! Thanks Mom and Dad for all that you do to make sure that we all have a GREAT time and we sure did:) Thanks to Chad, Emily, Kyler and Raegyn the trip wouldn't have been as FUN w/o you!!




7 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a fun weekend! I am so impressed that your kids all tried to ski...that's awesome! I can't think of a better way to end the summer than that...I can't believe it's FALL...YIKES, that means winter's right around the corner!

Raquel said...

Looks you all had a lot of fun! I'm jealous!

Unknown said...

Can you believe how cold it is all of a sudden? Geez! What a fun way to end your summer!

Kat said...

I'm jealous, we were suck home with semi sick kids. Your girls are brave to wake board and Good job to Braxton for trying it the "old fashioned way".

Hiller Family said...

Like always sounds like a super fun trip!

Aly said...

Oh my word I have such a jealous bone right now! My dad used to have a cabin in Manilla and we spent countless weekends on that lake! I am so glad that you had such and awesome time! Makes me want to go right now!!

daveandvicky said...

Thanks so much for coming, we know you guys are very busy. It's great to spend quality time together. The pictures are great. Thanks for all your help.