Saturday, December 6, 2008

What A Saturday!!!

What a Saturday we have had. It started with me waking up at 5:30 am to make taco soup for my nephew Carsten's baptism luncheon. Then it was time to get all the kids ready and off to West Jordan for the baptism. It was a very nice morning singing primary songs and listening to the talks about the Holy Ghost and Baptism. Then we got to watch as Carsten become the newest member of the church. It was awesome. After the baptism my sister had lunch at her house but we were running a little behind so we didn't get to go. We stop at Del Taco 10 hard shell and 3 soft shell taco for the kids and headed home. Yes my kids LOVE Del Taco and the eat A LOT every time we go there.
After a quick change for the girls they were off to dance recital practice. They love dance. Due to the fact that my girls had to stay for the whole two hours to practice a mom in my ward that her daughter dances with Kennedy asked if I could help with her daughter's hair. Oh course I said yes!!! I did this little girls hair and then it was on to my girls hair and make up. They had a performing team performance at the annual craft fair held in Tooele.
This is Shelby, she only had to do two of her dances today. I love this time of year, After months of working really hard they get to showoff all they have learned. She ROCKED!!!

This is Kennedy, she did two dance too. She loves to dance and her class has to be the cuties class out there. She was AWESOME!!! This was a nice, I got to watch pretty much all of the girls dance. Most of the time I am running around back stage change girl's costumes. Have each girl change only once was nice. Next Saturday is the big recital and Shelby will change 4 times and Kennedy 3 times. But that is nothing in the Spring Shelby will change 7 times and Kennedy 4 times. I must be CRAZY, but I love it. And so do the girl's.

After they finished dancing we ran back home change the girls and then it was off to the ward Christmas party. Steve was asked to dress up like a Butcher (back in Jesus time). Yes, Steve got a lot of laughs out of his outfit. Each person got gold coins to buy food from a old fashion farmers market. It was a lot of fun and the kids loving being around all their friends. Shelby was asked to sing in the girls choir and got dress up like an angel. She did great.

We have taken showers and put on our P.J's and will be sitting down to watch a movie but I am guessing that no one will make to the end of the movie. Let the Holiday season begin.

7 comments:

daveandvicky said...

Busy day, I hope you can catch your breath today. We are looking forward to the dance recitals.

Hiller Family said...

Thanks for fitting us into a terribly busy time of year. Also a big thanks for the yummy taco soup, it was a hit.

Raquel said...

Whoa, that was a busy day! Shelby and Kennedy look so cute dancing, I'm sure they are so good with all those classes!

Aly said...

Your Saturday sounds as crazy as ours was. Run, run, run!!!

It's so nice when a Hannah Montana wig can double as a butchers costume! Too funny:)

The dance pictures are adorable!

Deanie said...

Whew, yes here come the Holidays, all your pictures are wonderful and thanks for thinking of me with the Christmas card, I love it. Your girls are adorable, dance recitals are the best. I get to go to one this coming Saturday for a couple of my granddaughters.

Kimberly said...

Wow! What a busy day, but fun! I can't believe how early you woke up to make Taco Soup...I love taco soup! And those dances looked so cute and I loved their costumes! BTW, you got your vinyl...right?

Unknown said...

I can't imagine what life will be like when I'm busy BECAUSE my kids are busy. Now I'm busy because of my own stuff! Sounds fun...cute, as always!