Today was in of those Saturday's that both Braxton and Kennedy had soccer games and BOTH were at 9 am. I took Braxton and Steve and Shelby went to watch Kennedy. Braxton did GREAT. I am not one of those mom's who keeps score and I don't usually yell. Today Braxton was playing forward... he usually plays center or defender. He had a hard time playing forward and I had a hard time listening to everyone yell at him... I understand they are trying to help, but the poor kid has NO idea what everyone is saying. Thank goodness for a good coach that pulled him out talked with him and then put him back in as defender... Which is likes. I was a little upset about the whole thing but held my tongue... cheered on everyone else kid and my own. I think playing sports should be FUN, I wish all parents would take a step back and think before they yell at mine or even their own kid. After the game I sat down with Braxton and told him that I was so PROUD of him, he said everyone was yelling at me. I told him that the only people he needs to listen to is his coach and his parents. He seemed good with that one. what a great kid.
As for Kennedy, Steve said her game was good. Kennedy was EXCITED to share that she made her first GOAL!!! I was so happy for her. She said the other team was not good and they scored a lot of goals on them. I reminder her that we don't play sports to bet others... we play to have FUN and to learn something new. She said that she knows... but it was GREAT to score. I agree!!! I was sad that I missed it but I was glad that Steve and Shelby got to be there with her.
(I forgot the camera, it was sitting on the table. I took a picture of Kennedy's hair and then set it on the table. I will post the CUTE hair do later.)

No comments:
Post a Comment