Thursday, July 30, 2009

Daily Schedules

Last night when the kids were laughing in bed at 10:30, I thought school starts in 25 days and we are going to be in trouble. During the school year we have a very good schedule.
7 am: Wake up, get dressed, do hair, eat breakfast and make lunch.
8:25 am: Leave for school
3:25 ish: Kids get back from school, have a snack, do homework and PLAY!!!
The kids have different activities during the week after school. Like dance, soccer, activity days, cub scouts and so on.
6pm: We eat dinner
After that it is playing outside, watching TV or playing the Wii.
8 pm: The kids come in and start getting ready for bed... shower etc.
9pm: Lights out!!!
This summer this is our schedule.
Wake up.... when you get up. That is anywhere from 7am to 11am (11am is Kennedy, she is LIKE her mom and LOVES to sleep in.)
Breakfast ?? well if we remember to eat it is about 11am or so.
Get dressed ?? well today is was 11:30 am when the neighbors came to the door to play.
Lunch... that has been served about 1pm sometimes 2pm.
Dinner... when I decided to make it is about 6:30, 7 or even 7:30.
Bed time... We try to get the kids to bed by 9 but that has not been working out. The other night I heard them talking and laughing and when I looked at the clock it was almost midnight. WHAT??
How the HECK do we get back on track??

5 comments:

Kelli said...

That is kind of funny. I laugh now, but in a few years that is so going to be my house!

Melinda said...

I soooo get this! Although, we're kept on track because my kids WILL NOT sleep in. Even a 4th of July midnight firework show...they're all up between 7 and 730 the next morning. So I'm motivated to get them to bed early each night :)

Aly said...

We are on the same CRAZY schedule in the Summer too! We also go on basically the same schedule as you when school starts...except that we do our school stuff at home during the time yours are gone. We just go through a few difficult days of prying them out of bed at 7am and then soon enough they are used to it again:).

Hiller Family said...

heheheh, wow can I relate! This is why summer is so much fun, because we can ditch those schedules.:) However when school is back in session I always ask myself why did I let it get so bad???

Deanie said...

Oh boy, that brought back memories, I also remember with my two boys it also took about a week of scrubbing behind ears etc to get all the summer dirt off too!!