Thursday, July 17, 2008

Salad Recipe...

So due to the fact that almost all the comment asked me to pass on good salad recipes here are two from my recipe group that got GREAT reports. I am NOT a big fan of Mayo so I didn't really like the first one but all the other ladies LOVED it and I LOVED the second one it was kind of like a taco salad, but SO MUCH better. A few of my friend made some GREAT salad but either they didn't bring copies of the recipe or they ran out before I could get one.Salad
Chicken salad w/ bacon, lettuce and tomato

3 cups chopped cooked chicken
5 slices of bacon
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 cup chopped fresh tomato
3/4 cup mayo
1 tbs. chopped fresh parsley
2 tbs. chopped green onion
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 dash Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste
12 leaves romaine lettuce
1 avocado- peeled and sliced

cook bacon drain and crumble; set aside to cool
Prepare the dressing by mixing together the mayo, parsley, green onion, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper
in medium bowl, stir the chicken, tomatoes and bacon. Pour dressing over chicken and toss well to coat. serve on top of lettuce leaves
.
Southwestern Chicken salad

4 cups romaine lettuce
2 tbs. olive oil
8 chicken tenders
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
2/3 cup water
1 can (15 oz.) black beans
1 jar (16 oz.) salsa
2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 tomato, cut into small wedges
1/4 cup chopped red onion
8 oz. sour cream

Chicken tender are seasoned w/taco seasoning, cooked and spooned on top of romaine, with black beans, salsa, cheese, tomato, onion and sour cream.

method... wash and drain lettuce. heat skillet; add and cook chicken until done. add taco seasoning and water, stir to combine. simmer chicken about 5-6 minutes turning once. remove from skillet. drain and rinse beans; add and heat until warm. to assemble salad, cut lettuce and place on platter. top with beans , chicken , salsa, cheese, tomato, onions and sour cream. Serve immediately

I sure hope that you enjoy!!

6 comments:

Raquel said...

Thanks! Can't wait to try them!

Kimberly said...

Yummo!! They sound so good. The mayo thing is so funny...I totally remember you not liking mayo as a kid, but, I think you really liked ketchup? Is that right? Thanks for the recipes!

Aly said...

Those sound really good...anything with bacon always catches my attention of course!!! Thanks for sharing:)

Hiller Family said...

Sounds GREAT, thanks for sharing!

Deanie said...

Yummy! Cute new back drop for your blog, I really like the colors.

Darcie said...

Kimberly,

You are RIGHT I do like Ketchup. So do my kids I think we use a bottle about every two weeks.