Monday, October 20, 2008

UEA weeekend and more...

UEA, two extra days off school what to do...

On Thursday we went to the movies with Grandpa, Grandma, Alicia, Carsten and Avery. Grandpa and Grandma took us to see Beverly Hill Chihuahua and then to Iggy's for a late lunch. The kids LOVED the movie. I didn't love it but it was OK. Lunch was great. Thanks mom and dad for a fun afternoon.

After lunch we had to run home for Braxton last soccer game and the girls had cheer practice. We got home just in time to find all of Braxton's soccer gear and for the girls to change into cheer clothes and we were off. Drop the girls off and run to Braxton game.

In my rush to get to the game on time I forgot the camera, so sorry no pictures. I think from now on I will just keep the camera in my purse. maybe that why I will get more pictures. Away, Braxton team ROCKED.

After the game Steve went to pick up Shelby from Hip Hop and I went with my friend Brandy. We had recipe club but either one of us had time to make anything that day. We had debated if we should just skip it. Then I had a great idea to just pick up shakes from Ice Berg, that was a joke. But the shakes were GREAT!!! I will post recipe later this week.

Friday we went shopping for Home Depot and then the kids had a birthday party and I decided that I REALLY need to clean the house. It was a CRAZY day but we really did get a lot done.

Saturday was a day of playing with friends and just relaxing at home.

Sunday, Steve had to work and that meant me taking the kids to church by myself. NOT a fan of that. I do have to say that I have gotten a lot better at this lately. We got ready and was on time. That doesn't happen much. I was sitting my sunbeam class down for singing time when a member of the bishopric came in and asked if we could talk. OK!!! We found a empty room and sat down. I was SHOCKED at the next thing that came out of his mouth. "Sister Evans we would like to release you from primary and we would like you to serve as Sec. in the Relief Society" WHAT!!! is what I was thinking but OK is what came out of my mouth. I have had a lot of calling in my life but have NEVER served in the R.S.. So this is a first.

Monday Steve went to help his dad with a shed and I decided that I really needed to get that hair cut and color that have been on my to do list for a month now. So I did and here is the before picture and the after picture.

Before...

After...


I have wanted to go dark for a while now, so this was my chance and I also had bangs cut and almost 4 inches of the back. Not that you can tell my the pictures. But I am really happy with the results.
Sorry for the really long post.

9 comments:

Melinda said...

Holy Cow! I love how daring you are with your hair. I have this secret dream of going dark, but I'm way too chicken. Heck, I'm too chicken to color my hair at all. I fear it won't grow back the same color or something silly! Very fun for you :)

And woohoo for your new calling. RS is so different from Primary. I think it's a hard transition when you've been in Primary for so long. But now I really enjoy the friendships and the lesson discussions on Sunday. Makes for a much more calm church time for me :) Good luck with it!

Hiller Family said...

LOVE the hair sis! R.S. that will be quite the change from primary, no worries you will be GREAT!

daveandvicky said...

Congratulations on your new calling. Time to spiritually stretch. You hair looks great. Busy time of life, enjoy it. It goes faster than you know.

Kat said...

Cute hair, LOVE IT!!! It's always nice to have a change.

Staceroo said...

Well, you guys definitely make the most of your school breaks! Sounds like a lot of fun and totally Fall type activities. I wish I had a boy to go to football games.

RS is fun! There's great ladies everywhere in the church. You'll do great.

Aren't those self photos of yourself so fun when no one's around to help you out? Yeah, hair cut and color! Change is good.

Staceroo said...

Okay, so I'm dumb. It really was soccer you went to - but I wish I could go to kid soccer games too!

Kimberly said...

You really look cute with bangs! I love the bangs...they add so much personality to a face! Instead of spending time with the kids for UEA week we went away just the two of us. We've been wondering if we should take our kids to see the Beverly Hills Chihuahua movie, but it sounds like you didn't think it was that great to see! How do you keep up with soccer, cheer, dance, etc, etc! You are an amazing mom!!!

Raquel said...

Your hair is so cute! Congratulations on your new calling. Now maybe you'll get to teach like I have to!

Aly said...

I love your hair, it is always so fun to have a new haircut and color!

RS will be wonderful. I have been in the Primary Presidency for a few years and I do love it, but my all time favorite calling was when I served in the RS Presidency. It really is such an amazing calling to be a part of!

And diddo on the Chihuahua movie:)