Monday, November 24, 2008

More Recipes!!!

This month theme for recipe club was "Penny Pinching" What a great theme this time of year. So I am going to post all the recipes.
Chooped Pizza
made by KIm
8 rhodes rolls, thawed but still cold
1 cup ham
4 tablespoons green onion, chopped
4 tablespoons green pepper, chopped
1 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
1 cup Chedder cheese, grated
4 tablespoons olives, sliced
6-8 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Place 2 rolls on a bread board. Top w/ 1/4 cup ham, I tablespoon green onions,1 tablespoon green pepper, 1/4 cup each of the cheese. Chop everything w/ a knife until ingredients are mixed into rolls, and top with oilives, adn cherry tomatoes. Lift w/ spatula onto baking sheet w/ non-stick cooking spray. Repeat process w/ remaining ingredients. Cover with sprayed plastuc wrap. Let rise 20-30 minutes. Remove plasticand bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
(This was so GOOD I had two helpings)


Frito Pie
By Brandy
1 can chili ( family size)
1 bag Frtio chips
1 cup cheese, shredded
Warm chili up. Put chips in bottom of pie pan; cover with chili and cheese.


Shortcut Stroganoff
By Christine
1 T. canola oil
1 Ib. beef sirloin steak strips
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can condensed beef broth
1 cup water
2 t. worcestershire sauce
3 cups uncooked corkscrew pasta
1/2 cup sour cream
Heat oil in skillet. Add beef and cook until browned and juices evaporate, stirring often. Add soup, broth, water, worcestershire sauce, and pasta. Heat to boil. Cook over medium heat 15 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring often. Add sour cream. Heat through.
(Penny pinching idea she used left over beef from a roast that she made the day before)


Chuck's Mac and Cheese
Made by Diane
8 oz. pkg. elbow macaroni
8 oz. pkg shredded sharp chedder cheese
12 oz. small curd cottage cheese
8 oz. sour cream
1/4 cup greated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 c. butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until done, Drain.
In a 9x13 baking dish, stir together macaroni, cheese(both) , cottage cheese, sour cream, salt and peeper. In a small bowl, mix togehterbread crumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle topping over macaroni mixture. Bake 30-35 minutes or until top is golden brown.


Salsa Chicken
By ME!!!
3-4 chicken breast ( I use frozen ones)
1 1/2 cups salsa
Put chicken and salsa in crock pot and cook for 5 hours on medium heat until chicken will pull apart very easliy. Shred chicken serve on soft taco shells with lettuce, cheese, tomato or whatever you have in the fridge. This is great for those days that everyone is eating at different times, you can keep the chicken warm in the crock pot all day.
Well I hope you enjoy all these recipe as much as I will. I am missing one for Chicken Quesadillas so if I find it I will post it later.

2 comments:

Raquel said...

mmmmmm....you're making me hungry! I'll have to try some of those!

Kimberly said...

Gosh, I am so out of the loop! You have a lot of new, cute posts! I can't believe you're a U of U fan... just kidding! Your vinyl is coming soon...should be ready to be shipped tomorrow!