Sunday, November 16, 2008

Wedding & Christmas Party!!!

Steve's sister Natalie got married on Saturday. Doesn't she look great?
The kids had a hard time sitting for that long and being on there best behavior was very hard. They did great and I am glad that the whole family was able to attend. ** Side note doesn't Shelby's hair look cute, my sister found these awesome new curlers and we tried them on Shelby hair Saturday morning. I love the fact that she could play with them in and they wouldn't fall out and the end result was so CUTE!! A big plus was that she also LOVED the look that she asked if we could put them in again for church. **

Evans Family Christmas party, yes I said Christmas party. Steve's youngest brother is leaving for the Navy so Steve's mom wanted to have Christmas before he left. So today was the day. We all went to David & Sarah's house (Steve's brother) had soup, salad, rolls and dessert. We always exchange gifts the kids pick each other and the adults exchange with adults. I wish I could say that the day was nice and the family all had a great time, but that did not happen here. Steve brother, yes the reason why we had the party this early was late. Not 5, 10 or 15 minutes late after about half hour Steve mom called to see if something had happened. Nope, I don't know what they said but they were heading down now but they still need to buy gifts, WHAT?? Myself along with I think everyone else was very upset to say the least. After about an hour and half they showed up. How sad that the family all got together to celebrate Christmas and have a time to say Good bye to Nate, but instead it was everyone opened gift and left with out a lot of talking. I am sad to say that I was one of the first to leave because I was afraid of what I might say to this family. I wish I was able to just act like it didn't bug me but it so did.

The one big plus was that the kids had a great time playing with cousin and thanks goodness the weather was nice and the kids could play outside or I think we all would have been ready to kill one another.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember Natalie...she looked beautiful! What kind of curlers are those? I want to try them!

Hiller Family said...

Sounds like quite the day. I am also glad to hear you like the curlers, they are awesome!

Kimberly said...

Aren't family gatherings the best (ha ha)! Sounds like you and I have some interesting stories we could share with one another about our in-laws (hee hee)! One of these days, right?! Glad you survived the last minute christmas party and wedding fun. Those curlers look so cool. I always curl Taylors hair with the curling iron because she hates curlers and it takes FOREVER!